Potatoes and Sports Nutrition
More than just eating a bag of potatoes before leg day, endurance athletes around the globe and weekend warriors have discovered the nutritive value of potatoes. Potatoes can also be used for recovery, and in lieu of gels while out on the trail or during a run.
There is also information that explains how to prepare potatoes in such a way that they can create resistant starch and have prebiotic properties.
These social media stories and Powerful Nutrition articles are here to help you along your journey. Visit us often for updated information!
Explanation – WHY runners & cyclists should eat potatoes!
- Carb count and how it aids endurance racing and addresses protein, etc. – see comments (Q&A)
- Gel replacement recipe! Pack along on race day or during bike ride:
- This recipe explains that cooking and then cooling potatoes in this recipe can create resistant starch which is somewhat difficult to digest (meaning fewer carbs/can function as prebiotic):
- Potatoes – "On the Go" food of athletes:
- Meat and Potatoes Tempo Run