A new take on an old classic, Cheesy Potato Skins with Sun-Dried Tomatoes are the perfect pick up food for your next party.
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 oz.shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion tops
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake potatoes 50 minutes, or until tender. Let cool. Cut each potato in half. With a spoon, scoop out pulp leaving 1/4-inch of potato in each half. Cut each half in half again to form quarters. Season with salt and pepper. Bake potato quarters for 15 minutes. (This will crisp them up so that they can be picked up easily.)
- Mash 1 cup potato pulp with a potato masher (save remaining pulp for a later use). Stir in the sour cream, cheeses, tomatoes, green onions and parsley. Mixture will be sticky and hold together. With your hands, divide the mixture evenly between the potato skins, pressing the mixture into the skins. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.